Experienced OPM Investigator - TDY Team -employee
Job Code: TDYEXP-OF0912
Employment Status: Full Time Employee
Do you love to travel? KeyPoint Government Solutions is currently seeking experienced OPM, full-time employee investigators who would love to travel throughout the United States and its territories for our Travel (TDY) Team. Candidates must be able to travel 70% of their time each month.
Primary responsibilities/Job summary:
Investigators will conduct background investigations on a full-time basis in support of national security, focusing on casework for the Office of Personnel Management (OPM).
Primary duties include, but are not limited to, conducting background investigations for the purpose of determining employment suitability of persons who require access to sensitive or classified U.S. Government information. Investigators will conduct face-to-face interview with the subject and his/her neighbors, employers, friends, and family. Investigators will also perform record searches at police agencies, courthouses, educational institutions, financial institutions, and medical/mental health facilities. Investigators then report all obtained information in a clear and concise report on a government computer system (provided).
Investigators work from their own homes when not on travel duty, typically 2 weeks at home for every 3-4 weeks away. TDY expenses will be compensated. To perform the job functions for this position, investigators need to have a home office established (KeyPoint provides a computer with the government-mandated programs).
* 18+ months of direct field investigations experience conducting OPM background investigations in the past 5 years; candidates without 18 months of OPM experience or those with a break from conducting OPM investigations longer than the past 8 months may not be considered for this experienced role
* Currently active SSBI security clearance preferred. Previously active SSBI acceptable for candidates with past OPM experience.
* U.S. citizenship (required for security clearance)
* Due to travel requirements, a valid driver's license and reliable transportation are required
* Must be willing & able to travel around the United States 60% of the time (in general, each month investigators will travel to a location for 3 weeks and to their home location for 2 weeks)
* Candidates selected for this position must pass a mandatory post-offer drug test
Ideal candidates will have:
* Intermediate typing (20+ WPM) and computer skills
* Excellent time management and organizational skills with limited remote supervision
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to professionally and effectively interact with a variety of individuals
About KeyPoint Government Solutions, Inc.:
KeyPoint Government Solutions is an investigative and risk-mitigation services company that delivers advisory, monitoring, compliance and other solutions across a variety of related practice areas. Our primary areas of expertise include background investigations, infrastructure safety and security, emergency management, criminal justice services, fraud investigations and program management. Led by team of highly regarded industry authorities, our workforce of almost 1,600 investigators and subject matter experts supports a wide variety of clientele including the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), and more. Our reputation is consistent with quality, integrity, and exceeding both our clients’ and employees’ expectations. KeyPoint has offices in Washington, D.C., New York, N.Y., Austin, Tex., and Loveland, Colo.
KeyPoint Government Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Are you a returning visitor?